Clara-Trucco-surf-art-painting: "Solid and square waves"

Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Sky and Sea"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.

Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Sky and Sea"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
(detail)

I have called this series of paintings "massive and square waves" referring to the pictorial treatment I have given them. Comparing with the group of waves painted this year, such as "Transparent and turquoise waves" series, we can see a clear difference with these.In that series of works I sought to synthesize the representation of the waves. Conceding the gesture and touch the exclusivity to communicate. In that way, the wave took prominence. The use of paint was minimal. 

While in this series seem more solid waves. I have covered the entire surface of the painting. I applied more pictorial material, which makes this wave is immersed in the sea.
 
 Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Strong wave"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.

Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Strong wave"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
(detail).
Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Wrong wayve"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Fresh wave"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Fresh wave"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
(detail)

At first, I thought this pictorial treatment (use more paint, cover the entire surface) would represent me sturdier and stronger waves. In fact, it becomes clear that the stroke is freer. But there are also less accurate. And that accuracy seems at times to generate some tension in the pictorial act. This artistic freedom opens doubts and these concerns are reflected in some occasions. As in the case of "Sky and Sea" and "Wrong Wayve" where "Dripping" was made with some fearfulness.

Obviously, the end result which definitely has managed to communicate that "strength and solidity" that characterizes the waves of the Atlantic Ocean, is "Strong wave". In this Painting volatility is also breathes, but certainly the strength remains its main visual feature, and that is why I gave that name.

 
 
Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Wave in-tension"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.

Clara Trucco, 2011.
"Wave in-tension"
Acrilic on canvas.
15 x 15 cm.
(detail)
...

You can enjoy mor of "My Wayves" on the following link:


© Clara Trucco, 2011.
...








Entradas populares

Bio